Hullo
Hullo
|
posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014
title : UP.
RECESS WEEK IS HERE! Honestly, time had been flying (flying is an understatement even.) ever since i stepped into NUS as a freshman. A few weeks ago I was just posting about how I am going to enter the hectic world of studying and now I am already halfway through the semester! I swear time flies. Going to make use of my recess week to take a good break from school, but not a break from studying! honestly, i am feeling more motivated than before to study right now because of various reasons. 1. Business isnt as well as before for my dad, and it has been adding loads of pressure on my poor papa; he didnt want us to know about it so that we wouldnt worry; but i cant help but really want to relieve the huge financial burden on my father. Somehow, i cant wait to graduate and (hopefully) secure a job to finally let my dad retire happily. Or maybe even considering to take over his company idk. It will be such a huge waste to see a family business closing down just like this, and my dad would definitely be really upset if that day really comes.. I dont know, i am in a dilemma honestly. 2. I want my parents to be proud of me; i want them to be able to say out loud that my brother and I had achieved outstanding results in university. I dont want them to worry nor would i want them to be disappointed. 3. For myself. it is my personal goal since i stepped into NUS. I want to get good results. I want to get a scholarship. I want to go on SEP. I want a first class Honours degree in economics. but of course, i dont want to be a full-time nerd. I want to enjoy my university life; i want to do meaningful stuff. I want to fall in love, I want to forge unbreakable friendships. In life, there are so many things that i really want to do. but time is limited, so i got to prioritise in a way. As for now, doing well in uni is one of the most important things that i need to do, and i will work very hard to achieve it. as what my parents always tell me 'Just try your very best.' but i tell myself 'Be the best.' I had worried my parents so much back in those JC days, with straight Us or atrocious results that made me doubt myself on whether i am able to even get into a local uni, but since i am where i am now, history is not going to repeat itself. I CAN DO IT, AND I WILL DO IT. School's been pretty fun actually, at least i'm doing stuff that are more relevant and more interesting compared to JC. going lectures and tutorials with the fun bunch of people and even in the same CCA as my favourite xiaobang! Just praying that vivian will be able to join us soon :) Well, i am enjoying uni as it is now, and i am hoping that i will continue this 'work hard play hard' until i graduate. till then, bye! |